Sr RoR Software Developer
- We are a small company with a small, highly-motivated team
- We are completely customer-focused
- We don’t work on weekends nor under the moonlight, but production deployments are usually after the sunset
- We help each other
About the position:
- Remote position, may be located anywhere in the world.
- Being in a matching time zone with EST would be a plus
You’d be a good fit for this position if:
- You enjoy working through the entire SDLC.
- You prioritize writing software and shipping small chunks of code to production on a regular basis.
- You set your own goals and then execute them.
- You enjoy helping your teammates to achieve their goals
- Be a key contributor of code, tests, and application architecture of our Rails apps.
- Debug production issues.
- Help us maintain and increase availability, performance, code quality, and standards.
We are looking for people with the following technical skills and experiences:
- 5 to 8 experience with building and maintaining Ruby on Rails applications.
- Experience with MySQL or PostgreSQL.
- Experience with AWS and/or Heroku.
- Strong Linux configuration command line skills is a big plus
- Understanding of and experience in designing and using APIs (both internal and 3rd party), including versioning.
- Experience upgrading Ruby & Rails for medium-sized apps.
- Experience with RSpec and CircleCI
We’d be particular delighted to hire someone who:
- Has 1+ years maintaining Rails apps using Active Admin.
- Has worked with Rails 4, has updated Rails in apps, and know what is new in Rails 6
- We confess that we are not yet on Rails 6. One product is not even on 5, but this is currently a top priority
- Has the habit of using monitoring tools to identify and provide fixes for slow page response time.
- Understands the value of collaboration and working continuously to improve the agile process
The interview process:
- Send your resume and a cover letter to [email protected]
- Video conference interview
- Assign a code challenge
- A second video conference interview to explain your solution to the code challenge