A photo ID card presented at the gate can ensure that only authorized personnel are allowed on site. Additional security can be obtained by:
- Ensuring cards are non-falsifiable, for example with a holographic overlay
- Matching with a state-issued photo ID card, like a driver’s license
- Scanning against a list of pre-authorized personnel
When foremen are assigning tasks and duties to workmen, they can scan any worker’s badge to verify that the appropriate skills for a given job have been acquired. Rather than losing precious time checking with the site office, or with the worker’s employer, validation can be obtained instantaneously, anywhere on the construction site – even up on the 15th floor!
All personnel on-site can be instructed to have their CVS qualifications card in their wallet at all times. At any moment, an auditor or compliance officer can request to see the ID card of a workman, wherever they are working. A quick scan of the card will immediately allow validation that the individual is in full compliance with all requirements for the given job being performed.
Implementation & Operations
Before the start of the project, the GC informs all subcontractors, as part of their contract, that all employees sent to the project site must carry a CVS qualification card. Each sub will:
- Set up an account with InstantCard, registering their association with the GC and the project
- Order a card for each employee, uploading his name, ID number, and photo. All photo ID cards are printed with a unique QR code, and mailed to the subcontractor’s office within 24 hours.
- For each employee, upload a file containing an image of the various training credentials required for the job (either a .jpg or .pdf of the training credential). Also entered will be the credential name, course completion date, and expiration date. Once uploaded, all qualifications are immediately available for viewing online, via a browser, smartphone, or tablet.
The GC can set minimum training requirements for all workers, and InstantCard can provide monitoring services to report which employees have met those standards, and which remain non-compliant. Reports can be generated which indicate, by individual, whether required courses have not yet been taken, or whether training has expired.
Ensure Employee Ownership
With his badge, any worker will be able to check his own training records, at any time. Whether from a phone or a PC, the same training records visible to management will be viewable by the employee. As a result, employees can take ownership of their own records, and monitor when they need to register for re-certification, as well as ensure that all their records are indeed on file.